Scaling and leaving your ego at the door
David Sheldon-Hicks, co-founder of the globally renowned multidisciplinary studio, Territory Studio shares how he has established a formidable reputation for creating powerful graphic narratives across genres and media.
David oversees the teams in London, San Francisco and New York, with the global brand having an impressive film and games portfolio for clients including Formula 1, Virgin Atlantic, Jaguar, Land Rover and HSBC, with UI and VFX film credits for Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and Blade Runner 2049.
Discussions in the episode:
- Don’t be afraid of hiring people better than you
- Competing for top talent against the tech giants
- The most powerful tactics for retaining “best in class” levels of talent
- Being ok with re-shaping as you scale
- Standing out in a highly competitive market
- How to maintain an aligned culture across global locations
- The power of mindset in business
- How meditation helped improve David’s health and self-awareness